Monday, July 24, 2006

 

Not everything at the concert was cool but...



I was told Sunday at the concert in Tompkins Square Park that there may have been one arrest but I saw none of the old Tompkins Square Park riot spirit displayed . There were those ,though , that did take chances and came very close to getting a ride and some free time at a city-owned bed- and- breakfast downtown .

I had heard that Jewels was in jail for no less than throwing a bottle a few days earlier at an NYU student. I learned that the story wasn't true when I found him at the concert smiling . I offered that seeing him was a little dissapointing since I had , on hearing of his bottle -throwing deed , seen him as a sort of hero and East Village patriot .

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]